Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm Moving!

I spent the last week thinking that I was going to move, for sure. I haven’t moved for five years, and the longer you go without moving the worse it is when you finally do. More stuff, more stuff you didn’t even know you had, more stuff that someone apparently moved into your house when you were gone, or in the middle of the night, because you sure have never seen it.

The reason I’m thinking of moving is because the Landlord (not technically, but I’ll just use that word) came pounding on my door at midnight (I was asleep, but some lights were still on) and I didn't know who it was, so I didn't answer, I thought it was some drunk person. Then he came around to a window, and I saw it was him, so I went out and he said I was making noise and woke him up, but of course I wasn't. He looked totally insane, but I guess he had been sleeping. Maybe he was drunk. The next day I went out on my porch and noticed that the flower pots with plants were kicked off my porch, and I don’t know for sure who did that, but they were lying down in the weeds. That really kind of made me mad. Poor old spider plants, they’re always getting abused.

Anyway, I still haven’t talked to him. I was fully expecting some kind of apology letter the next day, or a note at least, or a phone call, or something. I’ve been afraid to sleep there, because I have my bed in my front room where there is the best breeze, but my head is right next to the screen, and anyone could look in. I normally feel safe, knowing the neighbors and all, but if one of the neighbors happens to be schitzing out, and has power tools, I don’t know. So I’ve been sleeping at the office, and only going home enough to visit the cat. He’s a little unhappy about that, but on the other hand he doesn’t want me there bugging him all day anyway.

No comments: